Senée Seale, Publisher/Editor/Writer/Publicist, Becoming Publishing & Public Relations
Senée is educated in journalism from Texas Tech University and psychology and counseling from The University of Texas at Dallas and The Graduate School at Stephen F. Austin State University. She has spent the better part of two decades as a print journalist working both on staff and freelancing for newspapers, magazines and websites. She served both as a reporter and editor. She also has experience in public relations and marketing communications.
Sampling of current and former clients
- City Media Entertainment ― Reality show casting company (The Four, The Biggest Loser, Deal or No Deal, The Best Time Ever, and more)
- WFAA.com/News 8 Dallas
- Dallas Market Center
- Renee Rouleau
- The New Mexico Business Journal
- FDA Info/Validations Times (Germany correspondent)
- Downtown Dallas Tours
Marketing Communications & Public Relations
Senée’s position as a former journalist gives her a unique perspective and insight when working as a publicist on behalf of her clients pitching their services and products to publications. She also has a deep grasp of AP Style and writing for publications, websites and other collateral. Her experience as a research assistant in the Couples Daily Lives Laboratory at The University of Texas at Dallas helped establish her foundation for scientific writing. Her marketing communications and public relations experience includes:
- Website design: Designed, wrote and edited copy for more than a dozen sites ― Ex. Worked with an advertising agency to transfer flirty tone and voice of ad campaign to web copy for one site; used WordPress and other CMS to create new sites.
- E-mail campaigns: Created, scheduled and wrote copy for corporate e-mail campaigns. ― Ex. Increased e-mail list subscribers for ThePrincessGuide.com by 30 percent in three months.
- Content creation & management: Created editorial calendar, wrote copy, shot and edited photos and videos for social media, blog posts, websites, print marketing & advertising pieces.
- Online audience attention: Used paid Facebook ads to increase Fan page followers from 110 to more than 5,600 in three days.
- List building: Wrote two e-books to give as e-mail list gifts.
- Curated blog content: Wrote blog posts on WordPress about relationships & recovery increasing readership from 48 in 2013 to more than 32,000 readers worldwide.
- Broadcast news web writing: Rewrote and edited broadcast scripts to adhere to AP print style; Wrote headlines in keeping with Search Engine Optimization; Edited video and photos for use with stories.
- Public Relations: Wrote copy for press releases, media kits, RFPs, advertorials and newsletters; Pitched story ideas to the media and tracked client activity for assigned accounts; Developed and maintained media lists, event/speaking opportunity lists and editorial calendars; Prepared briefing materials for clients.
- Editing: Created in-house style guide and streamlined copy standards for print and online.
- Spokesperson: Spoke at public events, conferences, television programs, online events, etc.
During the writing of her first book The Princess Guide to Healing a Broken Heart, Senée knew she had at least 10 more books to write and she wanted control over the messaging. She was also approached by several people who said they wanted to publish a book but didn’t know where to start. That’s when Becoming Publishing was born.
Founded in 2017, our mission is to help authors get their messages out to the world with a professional product. Our services range from basic to comprehensive publishing packages along with individual services such as website design, copy editing, newsletter or blog writing, press release writing, and more.
Our current titles include The Princess Guide to Healing a Broken Heart and The Princess Guide to Loving Yourself First with other titles under contract. We can help first-time authors get their masterpieces into print and listed on the Amazon marketplace. We can also provide budget-friendly services for seasoned authors.
From ghostwriting to line editing and everything in between, we can help you self-publish your books while you maintain control over the rights and profits. Whether your needs are publishing, public relations or both, browse our full line of offerings and schedule a phone consultation so we can be of service to you and help you get your message out into the world as quickly as possible.